One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common African guenon with greenish-brown upper parts and a black face.
- ‘Genetic tests indicate that the viruses came from chimpanzees, baboons, and an African green monkey.’
- ‘Savanna monkeys, or African green monkeys (Cercopithecus aethiops or Chlorocebus aethiops), are the most widely distributed nonhuman primates in Africa.’
- ‘This remnant of the island's original canopy of rainforest is home to a large population of green monkeys which come and go as they please.’
- ‘Researchers tested their SARS vaccine on four African green monkeys, with another four in the control group.’
- ‘The virus appeared to have come from a set of green monkeys that had been captured in Uganda and sent to Europe for laboratory use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.