One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fertilizer consisting of growing plants that are plowed back into the soil.
- ‘Out of these sources only farmyard manure and green manure are widely used.’
- ‘Popular choices for green manure include: annual ryegrass. barley, buckwheat, clover, winter wheat and winter rye.’
- ‘The soil must have enough nitrogen to break down these components and a good idea is to add green manure, bloodmeal, or cottonseed meal to make decomposition more effective.’
- ‘Stephen Leblanc uses cow manure, green manure and crop rotation to ensure nutrient-rich soil for his rapeseed crop.’
- ‘Under organic management, fields received cover crop green manure as well as periodic dairy manure applications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.