One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural ability in growing plants; a green thumb.‘you really do have green fingers’‘orchids are the supreme test for green fingers’
- ‘The sunny south-westerly garden should appeal to those with green fingers.’
- ‘Everyone from five to 95 can get involved and nobody is so busy or lacking in green fingers that they can't plant a window-box.’
- ‘I need to do quite a lot of digging and planting very soon, but I really haven't got green fingers.’
- ‘Running a garden centre requires special skills, and is also very labour intensive as anyone with green fingers will know.’
- ‘Hemant himself loved gardening and was born with green fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.