One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A name for the common shore crab in its capacity as an invasive species in the US.
- ‘European green crabs in their natural habitat are smaller than those in invaded habitat.’
- ‘The European green crab, Carcinus maenas, and the Asian shore crab, Hemigrapsus sanguineus, are two introduced crab species that co-occur in the rocky intertidal zone of New England.’
- ‘The crabs are among a range of animals - including European green crab and Asian kelp - that have been bought to British shores in ships' bilges and are considered to constitute one of the world's most serious environmental problems.’
- ‘The nonindigenous green crabs are the largest common intertidal predators.’
- ‘According to a paper published in the journal Ecology, following the invasion some local clam species declined in abundance five times faster than in previous years, likely due to predation by the green crab.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.