One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The immature pod of any of various bean plants, eaten as a vegetable.See also string bean
- ‘Both dishes came with a mountain of fresh vegetables - spinach, carrots and green beans.’
- ‘He grew sweet peppers and chili peppers, lima and green beans, zucchini and red, yellow and cherry tomatoes.’
- ‘In today's recipe for spiced duck, I suggest that you use small runner beans if you have them, and normal green beans or peas if you don't.’
- ‘The sauce can also be served on top of baked potatoes, hot pasta or vegetables such as courgettes or green beans.’
- ‘On my way home, I did pick up a roast chicken and some potato salad to go with the leftover green beans for dinner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.