Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An assessment of a business in terms of its impact on the environment.
- ‘As well as announcing the green audit tomorrow, the First Minister may promise delivery of a long-awaited set of environmental indicators designed to measure progress towards sustainability.’
- ‘Erin Porter did an environmental audit of the photography lab at her Pittsburgh High School as part of her environmental club's schoolwide green audit for Earth Day 2000.’
- ‘It's a confusing category, because at least 50 different green audits measure environmental performance.’
- ‘The idea of a "green audit" is not new, but the insistence of the First Minister that it should happen is.’
- ‘Over five years ago, we carried out a green audit and asked ourselves how we could make the park more environmentally friendly.’
- ‘Participating in green audits also helps companies avoid legal liability over environmental issues.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be easier for consumers and companies alike to have just one green audit instead of so many?’
- ‘Wall Street and investment groups are chiming in on green audits.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.