One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neoclassical style of architecture inspired by and incorporating features of Greek temples from the 5th century BC, popular in the US and Europe in the first half of the 19th century.
- ‘The Merchant's House Museum is a wonderful setting for this exhibition, which will be installed throughout the house, because the house survives in largely untouched condition and includes many Greek revival architectural features.’
- ‘The Greek revival mansion, situated on 120 acres in Scott County, was built in the 1850s as a summer home by Mississippi planter and Kentucky Thoroughbred breeder Junius Ward.’
- ‘It was built in the early 1830s to the design of Francis Goodwin in the Greek revival style representing one of the last country houses in Ireland to have been built in the neo-classical idiom’
- ‘In the 1830s, Mississippi was in a period of architectural transition from the older Federal style to the newer Greek revival.’
- ‘The first treasure the society fought to preserve was the monumental arch at Euston station, a supreme example of Greek revival architecture.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.