One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pattern of interlocking right-angled spirals.
- ‘In the 1870s engineering firms began to market geometric etching machines which led to the mass production of glasses decorated with linear patterns including circles and the Greek key.’
- ‘Another important find is a bronze belt plate of the classic Greek key design.’
- ‘The architrave includes a Greek key design and other symbols, and the side archivolts are decorated with acanthus leaves.’
- ‘The original floorboards, painted white with a Greek key design, contrast with the rich red walls.’
- ‘They make up, for example, a Greek key and grapevine arch around a mosaic image of Persephone eating a pomegranate.’
Greek key/ˌɡrēk ˈkē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.