One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cross of which all four arms are of equal length.
- ‘It is shaped like a Greek cross with its arms bent at right angles.’
- ‘Their four-petaled flowers bear the resemblance to a Greek cross, which explains why they are frequently referred to as crucifers or cruciferous.’
- ‘Six medallions with Greek crosses, fishes, and doves (symbolizing the Holy Spirit) appear to float above the waves.’
- ‘The design is basically a traditional orthodox dome superimposed over a floor-plan in the shape of a Greek cross.’
- ‘Shaped like a Greek cross, the over-life-size case dominated the middle of the gallery, displaying the items in an asymmetrical manner, on several tiers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.