One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very strong black coffee served with the fine grounds in it.
- ‘The honeyed filo pastries and buttery nut cookies compose a separate late afternoon meal accompanied by thick Greek coffee.’
- ‘reek coffee is always served black, in small and thick cups.’
- ‘The best meals are the simplest: Greek salad, aubergine purée, fresh bread and red wine, followed by a tiny cup of strong Greek coffee to rev you up for a hard night's dancing at the Bar.’
- ‘A flask of Greek coffee so sweet and thick you could cut it with a knife wakes you up and it's time to go back to work again.’
- ‘Greek coffee is never drunk to the "last drop" because there is always an undrinkable sludge-like sediment at the bottom of the cup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.