One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chief keyboard in a large organ and its related pipes and mechanism.
- ‘Grace understood and silently walked to the bed where she sat and carefully tucked her feet beneath her as she watched her teacher's back, now seated at the great organ.’
- ‘The church has a great organ also, which I was lucky enough to play once for a wedding there.’
- ‘The Debussy quote (‘The tall peaceful trees would be like the pipes of a great organ… ‘) within the accompanying booklet hints at the expansive breadth of the seventeen pieces.’’
- ‘This version by Peter Reeve maintains the chorale sound of the organ in one of the most familiar and beloved works by the great organ master.’
- ‘Roskilde was picked in part because, as well as its great organ, it possesses two additional Marcussen organs which work at concert pitch and the lower Baroque pitch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.