One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I pointed out that the bird, which I identified as a common loon, was too far gone to be helped but that I'd be happy to take it for the museum's collection.’
- ‘For example, the wing loading of a highly maneuverable bird such as the chimney swift is ten times smaller than that of the aeronautically challenged common loon.’
- ‘Now common loons, one of five loon species, are helping scientists better understand the impact of environmental mercury contamination on waterbirds, fish, and other aquatic wildlife.’
- ‘The common loon is red-eyed, with distinctive black and white markings and a pointed dagger like beak that is perfect for its long, underwater fishing trips.’
- ‘From the clifftop, I have watched otters and great northern divers fishing and porpoises passing by further out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.