One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My vegetarian wife does not appreciate the wonderful greasiness, but I'm a fan.’
- ‘The fat acted as an emollient, and starch reduced the greasiness of the cream (modern body lotions and hand creams still use starch for this purpose).’
- ‘The lentil and butter sauce - an odd accompaniment to duck, anyway - was bland, and accentuated, rather than cut, the greasiness of the dish.’
- ‘I had thought the inclusion of black pudding, while undeniably dramatic looking, was dubious, but the cold greasiness feared did not materialise.’
- ‘And then, to my surprise, he takes the extended hand, and shakes it firmly, like a politician, but without the greasiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.