One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A side order of courgette fritters might have been more delicately and less greasily battered but this too was enjoyable in a chipshop way.’
- ‘The pleasure is all mine,’ Applewhite replied, greasily.’
- ‘The window panes, all 52,000 of them, are revolting, so greasily blotched.’
- ‘Hank giggled greasily and licked his cracked lips.’
- ‘I do remember one memorable year when the turkey slipped off the pan as my grandmother was taking it out of the oven and slid greasily across the kitchen floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.