Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pencil made of grease colored with a pigment, used especially for marking glossy surfaces.
- ‘They plot their movements with grease pencil over acetate on hard-copy maps.’
- ‘Results are written on the bare sheet metal with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Using grease pencils, these airmen etched the progress of enemy bombers onto the back of the Plexiglas board so that air defense commanders could evaluate and respond.’
- ‘Vlad taught me how to edit tape without marking it with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Or you might lightly mark the target's position on the screen with a grease pencil.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.