One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pencil made of grease colored with a pigment, used especially for marking glossy surfaces.
- ‘They plot their movements with grease pencil over acetate on hard-copy maps.’
- ‘Vlad taught me how to edit tape without marking it with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Or you might lightly mark the target's position on the screen with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Results are written on the bare sheet metal with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Using grease pencils, these airmen etched the progress of enemy bombers onto the back of the Plexiglas board so that air defense commanders could evaluate and respond.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.