One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pencil made of grease colored with a pigment, used especially for marking glossy surfaces.
- ‘Or you might lightly mark the target's position on the screen with a grease pencil.’
- ‘They plot their movements with grease pencil over acetate on hard-copy maps.’
- ‘Vlad taught me how to edit tape without marking it with a grease pencil.’
- ‘Using grease pencils, these airmen etched the progress of enemy bombers onto the back of the Plexiglas board so that air defense commanders could evaluate and respond.’
- ‘Results are written on the bare sheet metal with a grease pencil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.