A fluffy, long-tailed jay with dark gray upper parts and a whitish face, found in Canada and the northwestern US.
- ‘The gray jay makes a series of whistling sounds of ‘wheeoo’ or ‘wheee-ah.’’
- ‘The Corvidae family of birds such as crows, blue and grey jays, ravens and magpies are particularly susceptible to illness and death from West Nile Virus.’
- ‘At the lake we fed the grey jays, which sat on our skis and even ate out of Paul's hand.’
- ‘Many species of birds live here, including chickadees, hummingbirds, grey jays, red-tailed hawks, ptarmigan and golden eagles.’
- ‘Many campgrounds support a flock of habituated gray jays, as campers readily feed the birds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.