A goose of a group distinguished by having mainly gray plumage.
- ‘Many birds, including grey geese, swans and terns were about, especially on an island in one of the lakes.’
- ‘It flies in loose flocks along the coast, rather than in tight skeins like grey geese.’
- ‘Since 1960 the Wildfowl and wetlands Trust have organised an annual census of Icelandic grey geese, Pink-feet and Icelandic Greylags which is undertaken in October and November.’
- ‘The Norwegian government wants to start puncturing the unhatched eggs of Canadian and grey geese to control the geese population.’
- ‘Catch the end of the winter migrants, the grey geese and whooper swans, as well as the early arrivals such as wheatear and willow warbler and hopefully the ospreys.’
gray goose/ˌɡrā ˈɡo͞os/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.