One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goose of a group distinguished by having mainly gray plumage.
- ‘The Norwegian government wants to start puncturing the unhatched eggs of Canadian and grey geese to control the geese population.’
- ‘Many birds, including grey geese, swans and terns were about, especially on an island in one of the lakes.’
- ‘Catch the end of the winter migrants, the grey geese and whooper swans, as well as the early arrivals such as wheatear and willow warbler and hopefully the ospreys.’
- ‘Since 1960 the Wildfowl and wetlands Trust have organised an annual census of Icelandic grey geese, Pink-feet and Icelandic Greylags which is undertaken in October and November.’
- ‘It flies in loose flocks along the coast, rather than in tight skeins like grey geese.’
gray goose/ˌɡrā ˈɡo͞os/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.