One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supply system making use of gravity to maintain the flow of material.
- ‘Seepage of groundwater into the shaft from the shaft penetrations is currently collected by a system of gravity feed lines into sumps and tanks at mine level and subsequently pumped to the ground surface for disposal.’
- ‘The house had to be lifted to accommodate a gravity feed for a sewer hookup from the basement.’
- ‘Fluid can be supplied to the applicator by pump, pressure tank, or gravity feed.’
- ‘We use a gravity feed system that has its ups and downs, leaks and spills.’
- ‘During imaging, the solution in contact with the sample was constantly exchanged using a home-built gravity feed system so that the sample would not cause dramatic changes to the solution chemistry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.