One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The region of space surrounding a body in which another body experiences a force of gravitational attraction.
- ‘Both represent the quantized field of a fundamental force: photons the electromagnetic field and gravitons the gravitational field.’
- ‘This allowed him to begin seeing that he could recover Newton's equations when gravitational fields were weak.’
- ‘The electric, magnetic, and gravitational fields provided the classical examples.’
- ‘Also, he included only the electromagnetic and gravitational fields, omitting all the other forces of nature, such as the strong and weak interactions.’
- ‘He produced the first gauge theory in which the Maxwell electromagnetic field and the gravitational field appear as geometrical properties of space-time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.