One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the measurement of weight.
- ‘Applying gravimetric methods, the errors might be even higher.’
- ‘The average water content of the bone specimens, measured using gravimetric methods is in the normal range for cortical bone.’
- ‘Briefly, the gravimetric method involved weighing the containers daily using a mobile weighing device for a period of 30 d.’
- ‘The two chief classes of quantitative analysis, gravimetric and volumetric, were developed in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.’
- ‘All four requirements can be tested by simple gravimetric measurement or by inspection, and all four include quantitative limits.’
- 1.1 Relating to the measurement of gravity.
- ‘Particle size analysis was performed using the gravimetric method.’
- ‘The simplest are the ‘classical’ methods such as titrimetry and gravimetric analysis.’
- ‘Analysis of silica content was completed by the gravimetric method.’
- ‘The first quantitative analyses were gravimetric analyses (weighing things) that were made possible by the invention of a precise balance.’
- ‘The pressure and volumetric tests are suitable for field use, but the gravimetric test is best done in the lab.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.