One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the measurement of weight.
- ‘Briefly, the gravimetric method involved weighing the containers daily using a mobile weighing device for a period of 30 d.’
- ‘The average water content of the bone specimens, measured using gravimetric methods is in the normal range for cortical bone.’
- ‘The two chief classes of quantitative analysis, gravimetric and volumetric, were developed in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.’
- ‘Applying gravimetric methods, the errors might be even higher.’
- ‘All four requirements can be tested by simple gravimetric measurement or by inspection, and all four include quantitative limits.’
- 1.1 Relating to the measurement of gravity.
- ‘The pressure and volumetric tests are suitable for field use, but the gravimetric test is best done in the lab.’
- ‘The simplest are the ‘classical’ methods such as titrimetry and gravimetric analysis.’
- ‘The first quantitative analyses were gravimetric analyses (weighing things) that were made possible by the invention of a precise balance.’
- ‘Analysis of silica content was completed by the gravimetric method.’
- ‘Particle size analysis was performed using the gravimetric method.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.