One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What's remarkable about his filmmaking is the ability to present scenes of shocking defilement without a hint of prurience or gratuitousness.’
- ‘But when virtuosity is not elevated by the power of a dramatic situation, the outcome, brilliant though it may be, suffers from dryness, a victim of its gratuitousness.’
- ‘I love the gratuitousness, the unnecessariness, the blood.’
- ‘What is behind the riot of words, the exaggeration of images, their total gratuitousness?’
- ‘But he rejects any charge of gratuitousness, citing a more political, and more personal, reason for their inclusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.