One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A designated signature dish of mushroom ravioli al forno had a pasty filling reminiscent of baby food, a sea of cream sauce, and none of the glazed, textural gratinéed effects a serious stint in a really hot oven might provide.’
- ‘There's not much to say about a gratinéed onion soup - served without a spoon, no less - that tastes mostly of salt.’
- ‘Each dish is accompanied by a pile of steaming pommes Lyonnais gratinéed the colour of old ivory.’
- ‘There are many weighty acompañamientos to go with this heavy food, the most interesting of which is a bubbling, gratinéed amalgam of black olives, chestnuts, and mushrooms.’
- ‘You can opt for an extra appetizer for $3.95; on the night we visited gratinéed artichokes or escargots forestière were among the choices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.