One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their root-like structures, which are buried just beneath the sandy bottom, can sprout new grass-like leaves.’
- ‘Much to my surprise, I saw tufts of bright green grass-like plants here and there emerging from the cold soil.’
- ‘It has single blooms in shades like sparkling white, yellow or pink, rising over the shining grass-like leaves not more than 10 cm to 15 cm high.’
- ‘It produces rich green leaves, arching and grass-like and very graceful in appearance.’
- ‘This plant has yellowish green, grass-like leaves, and its fertile stems may reach three feet or more in height and produce many yellow flowers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.