A mainly carnivorous North American mouse, with a stout body, gray or brownish fur, and a short white-tipped tail.
- ‘However, three safe exposures to crickets before the conditioning session significantly reduced the strength of the avoidance response in grasshopper mice, but it did not do so in hamsters.’
- ‘But another animal is often stirring: the grasshopper mouse.’
- ‘The remaining taxa are Blarina brevicauda (the northern short-tailed shrew) and Onychomys leucogaster (the northern grasshopper mouse).’
- ‘The fox trots off to continue its hunt for a kangaroo rat, a grasshopper mouse, or, if nothing else, an insect.’
- ‘Despite their venomous sting scorpions are considered fine fare by many types of creatures, such as centipedes, tarantulas, insectivorous lizards, birds (especially owls), and mammals (including shrews, grasshopper mice, bats).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.