Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The leaving of chopped grass clippings on a mowed lawn as a fertilizer.‘grasscycling is the easiest, most environmentally beneficial method of dealing with grass clippings’
- ‘Grassclippings are a large portion of the waste stream so grasscycling will help reduce the amount of waste going to the landfill.’
- ‘The key to successful grasscycling is to leave shorter clippings on the lawn.’
- ‘When the clippings are returned to the soil through grasscycling, much of the water and nutrient contents are recaptured by the plants.’
- ‘Successful grasscycling requires only the kind of attention all lawns should have on a regular basis.’
- ‘City Farmer, a non-profit urban agriculture group, which operates the City's Compost Demonstration Garden has been researching and promoting grasscycling in the region for the past four years.’
- ‘Grasscycling, or mulch-mowing, leaves grass clippings on the lawn.’
- ‘Waste Watchers is a pilot project to divert waste from the landfill through composting, grasscycling and recycling.’
- ‘If a lawn is properly mowed, watered, and fertilized, grasscycling can actually produce a healthier-looking lawn.’
- ‘One way to ensure that golfers return to play your course is to provide an environmentally friendly and color-enhancing service such as grasscycling, which is a fast, cheap and easy way to maintain healthy grass and beautiful fairways.’
- ‘Since grasscycling takes approximately half the time of bagging clippings, you will save time even though you are mowing more frequently.’
- ‘Grasscycling is the easy way to a healthy lawn and a great way to recycle valuable nutrients for free.’
- ‘When grasscycling, allow the grass to grow at least 3 inches then cut of one inch.’
- ‘Many parks and golf courses have been practicing grasscycling successfully for years.’
- ‘Grasscycling eliminates the time and effort needed to fill garbage bags and reduces the amount of waste that needs to be collected and processed.’
- ‘One of the best aspects of grasscycling is that it takes less time and energy than bagging and dragging grass clippings to the curb.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.