One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease of livestock caused by magnesium deficiency, occurring especially when there is a change from indoor feeding to outdoor grazing.
- ‘Ensure that all milking cows are receiving enough magnesium and calcium in their diet to avoid grass tetany and milk fever.’
- ‘Cows will need supplements with magnesium to prevent grass tetany particularly if the weather is cold and wet.’
- ‘Cows soon to freshen or with calves should have access to a magnesium-containing mineral supplement to help prevent grass tetany on pasture in the spring.’
- ‘In reviewing the scientific literature it is obvious that the cause of grass tetany is very complex.’
- ‘Minerals as always will be important, especially magnesium due to the threat of grass tetany as the weather gets colder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.