A disease of livestock caused by magnesium deficiency, occurring especially when there is a change from indoor feeding to outdoor grazing.
- ‘Ensure that all milking cows are receiving enough magnesium and calcium in their diet to avoid grass tetany and milk fever.’
- ‘In reviewing the scientific literature it is obvious that the cause of grass tetany is very complex.’
- ‘Cows soon to freshen or with calves should have access to a magnesium-containing mineral supplement to help prevent grass tetany on pasture in the spring.’
- ‘Minerals as always will be important, especially magnesium due to the threat of grass tetany as the weather gets colder.’
- ‘Cows will need supplements with magnesium to prevent grass tetany particularly if the weather is cold and wet.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.