Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease of livestock caused by magnesium deficiency, occurring especially when there is a change from indoor feeding to outdoor grazing.
- ‘Minerals as always will be important, especially magnesium due to the threat of grass tetany as the weather gets colder.’
- ‘Cows soon to freshen or with calves should have access to a magnesium-containing mineral supplement to help prevent grass tetany on pasture in the spring.’
- ‘Cows will need supplements with magnesium to prevent grass tetany particularly if the weather is cold and wet.’
- ‘In reviewing the scientific literature it is obvious that the cause of grass tetany is very complex.’
- ‘Ensure that all milking cows are receiving enough magnesium and calcium in their diet to avoid grass tetany and milk fever.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.