One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of short skis with rollers on the bottom, for going down grass-covered slopes.
- ‘The problem with grass skis is having access to a reliable supply of spare parts, and this brand ceased production some time ago.’
- ‘I was there in the summer and there were some downhill skiers training on grass skis so I asked if I could have a go.’
- ‘However, grass skis are designed to function on grass, not on snow.’
- ‘However, the family were keen snow skiers and thought that grass skis may work well on this steep section of the farm.’
- ‘They also ran a grass ski club, managed a Club in Lesotho and both instructed for the Red Devil ski school in Austria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.