A plant of the pea family which is cultivated as food for animals and humans, though excessive consumption can lead to lathyrism.Also called chickling pea
- ‘In India, grass pea is the cheapest pulse crop available.’
- ‘Neurolathyrism is a spastic paraparesis that can be caused by excessive consumption of the drought-resistant grass pea (Lathyrus sativus).’
- ‘Livestock may also develop paralysis if they ingest grass pea for a long time.’
- ‘Grass pea is a weedy annual with one to several glabrous stems arising from 20-50 cm high.’
- ‘In this context, the grass pea is a wild relative of pea that possesses several interesting agronomic traits that might be useful for P. sativum, especially in terms of disease resistance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.