Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small parrot frequenting grassy country.
- ‘There are also the grass parrot, lue parrot, love bird, and ground parrot.’
- ‘The budgerigar, cockatiel, kakariki, princess parrot, regent, king parrot, grass parrot and smaller lorikeets make delightful pet birds, all capable of talking.’
- ‘Turquoisine Grass Parrot usually likes to live at the edges of woodlands besides the open grass pasturelands.’
- ‘The Orange-bellied Parrot is a small 'grass parrot' of coastal south-eastern Australia.’
- ‘It is a grass parrot approximately 19 cm long and weighing around 35 grams.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.