One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large Chinese freshwater fish, farmed for food in Southeast Asia and introduced elsewhere to control the growth of vegetation in waterways.
- ‘To help combat the weed, two grass carp have been introduced.’
- ‘As with all coarse fish, grass carp begin feeding upon invertebrates before moving on to a wider diet including soft plants.’
- ‘Though still on experimental level, we are introducing fast growing grass carp, a weed-eating fish, into the lake.’
- ‘The Asian grass carp, a voracious vegetarian, has changed the face of some Texas waters by devouring native aquatic vegetation.’
- ‘Silver carp and tilapia fed on the phytoplankton; the grass carp, wuchang fish and common carp ate green fodder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.