Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An input device consisting of a flat, pressure-sensitive pad that the user draws on or points at with a special stylus, to guide a pointer displayed on the screen.
- ‘In addition to filling out a form or signing a graphics tablet, a digital signature can also be a thumbprint.’
- ‘All of the students had their own graphics tablets for digital sketching.’
- ‘All you need is a graphics tablet, a device that recognizes scratches and scrawls made by a plastic pen and then translates those marks into digital form.’
- ‘So far, only graphics tablet users have been able to do anything with it.’
- ‘I can very much recommend using a graphics tablet with it, if you have that option.’
graphics tablet/ˈɡrafiks ˈtablət/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.