Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An input device consisting of a flat, pressure-sensitive pad which the user draws on or points at with a special stylus, to guide a pointer displayed on the screen.
- ‘So far, only graphics tablet users have been able to do anything with it.’
- ‘In addition to filling out a form or signing a graphics tablet, a digital signature can also be a thumbprint.’
- ‘I can very much recommend using a graphics tablet with it, if you have that option.’
- ‘All of the students had their own graphics tablets for digital sketching.’
- ‘All you need is a graphics tablet, a device that recognizes scratches and scrawls made by a plastic pen and then translates those marks into digital form.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.