Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A visual way of interacting with a computer using items such as windows, icons, and menus, used by most modern operating systems.
- ‘New in this system are Windows-based drop-down menus and graphical user interface icons.’
- ‘Linux offers graphical user interfaces with high resolution, multiple windows and menus.’
- ‘A graphical user interface, similar to those that manipulate e-mail, can be used when dealing with any kind of message.’
- ‘Within three years, fewer than 100 people invented computer networking, client-server computing, graphical user interfaces, and laser printing.’
- ‘The use of a Web browser to render a graphical user interface provides considerable advantages.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.