One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic device or computer program which allows the separate control of the strength and quality of frequency bands in an audio signal.
- ‘The graphic equalizer found in a car stereo system is a common example of one kind of EQ device called a shelving equalizer.’
- ‘They come with a software-controlled ten-band graphic equalizer with presets for musical genres like rock and jazz.’
- ‘But how's this for improvements - they've added a little LCD screen that is surprisingly functional, a 5-band graphic equalizer that you can customize, and a built-in mic and recording capability.’
- ‘You can also adjust three bars, like a graphic equaliser, controlling how recently the page was updated, how popular the site is and whether it is an exact or approximate word match.’
- ‘However, the crisp sound, customisable graphic equaliser and virtual surround sound are features that serious audiophiles should appreciate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.