One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The mathematical theory of the properties and applications of graphs.
- ‘It used graph theory to visualise mathematical questions and, at least for him, did provide a framework for discovering new mathematical knowledge.’
- ‘Graphical models provide a marriage between probability theory and graph theory.’
- ‘All this research into the ‘small-world phenomenon’ is based within a branch of pure mathematics called graph theory, which is essentially the study of networks.’
- ‘The problems which attracted him most were problems in combinatorics, graph theory, and number theory.’
- ‘Current practitioners make largely ad hoc use of statistics, probability, decision theory, graph theory, and tools from artificial intelligence and expert systems design.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.