One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The mathematical theory of the properties and applications of graphs.
- ‘Current practitioners make largely ad hoc use of statistics, probability, decision theory, graph theory, and tools from artificial intelligence and expert systems design.’
- ‘Graphical models provide a marriage between probability theory and graph theory.’
- ‘The problems which attracted him most were problems in combinatorics, graph theory, and number theory.’
- ‘All this research into the ‘small-world phenomenon’ is based within a branch of pure mathematics called graph theory, which is essentially the study of networks.’
- ‘It used graph theory to visualise mathematical questions and, at least for him, did provide a framework for discovering new mathematical knowledge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.