Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Oil extracted from the residue of grapes that have been juiced.
- ‘Almond and grapeseed oil are the quickest fixes for dry skin.’
- ‘Lubricate a large stockpot with grapeseed oil and using a hand held blender with whisk attachment, spin the hot mixture.’
- ‘Mix 10-20 drops of an essential oil in a carrier oil such as olive oil or grapeseed oil, and apply it to the injury site.’
- ‘Always dilute them in a carrier oil, such as almond or grapeseed oil, to avoid burning the skin.’
- ‘In some regions the solids from several wineries may be amalgamated for processing to recover tartrates and, occasionally, grapeseed oil.’
- ‘In a blender, mix shiso leaves, grapeseed oil, olive oil and scallop juice until combined.’
- ‘Toss together chickweed with lemon juice and grapeseed oil.’
- ‘In a saute pan, heat one tablespoon grapeseed oil; add chives, parsley and watercress and sauté over medium heat for two minutes, or until wilted.’
- ‘This body wash contains pumice and jojoba beads to gently exfoliate, while pure grapeseed oil adds a toning action.’
- ‘While the use of grapeseed oil dates back to Biblical times, it has only recently become a staple on healthfood store shelves.’
- ‘Let cool to room temperature and whisk in remaining black truffle juice, grapeseed oil, sherry vinegar, hazelnut oil, walnut oil and black truffle oil; season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘For the red wine reduction, in a medium saucepan, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, combine the naval and blood orange juices with the grapeseed oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, mint, sugar, and shallot.’
- ‘In small bowl, combine truffle trimmings, grapeseed oil and vinegar and whisk well.’
- ‘It may be wise to consider enhancing a child's diet with fatty acids found in grains, almonds, grapeseed oil, flaxseed, and some nutritional supplements to see if cognitive and behavioural function can improve.’
- ‘Place roasting pan on stovetop over medium-high heat and add grapeseed oil, carrots, celery, onions and garlic; cook until caramelized.’
- ‘Place the asparagus in a shallow bowl and cover with the grapeseed oil.’
- ‘In a commercial blender, combine the herbs, olive oil, and remaining grapeseed oil and purée until bright green, about three minutes.’
- ‘Whisk in grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Because of its high smoke point, grapeseed oil is ideal for frying or pan searing over high heat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.