One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oil extracted from the residue of grapes which have been juiced.
- ‘While the use of grapeseed oil dates back to Biblical times, it has only recently become a staple on healthfood store shelves.’
- ‘Place the asparagus in a shallow bowl and cover with the grapeseed oil.’
- ‘It may be wise to consider enhancing a child's diet with fatty acids found in grains, almonds, grapeseed oil, flaxseed, and some nutritional supplements to see if cognitive and behavioural function can improve.’
- ‘Toss together chickweed with lemon juice and grapeseed oil.’
- ‘In small bowl, combine truffle trimmings, grapeseed oil and vinegar and whisk well.’
- ‘In some regions the solids from several wineries may be amalgamated for processing to recover tartrates and, occasionally, grapeseed oil.’
- ‘Mix 10-20 drops of an essential oil in a carrier oil such as olive oil or grapeseed oil, and apply it to the injury site.’
- ‘In a commercial blender, combine the herbs, olive oil, and remaining grapeseed oil and purée until bright green, about three minutes.’
- ‘Almond and grapeseed oil are the quickest fixes for dry skin.’
- ‘In a blender, mix shiso leaves, grapeseed oil, olive oil and scallop juice until combined.’
- ‘Whisk in grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Let cool to room temperature and whisk in remaining black truffle juice, grapeseed oil, sherry vinegar, hazelnut oil, walnut oil and black truffle oil; season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Lubricate a large stockpot with grapeseed oil and using a hand held blender with whisk attachment, spin the hot mixture.’
- ‘For the red wine reduction, in a medium saucepan, heat the grapeseed oil over medium heat.’
- ‘In a saute pan, heat one tablespoon grapeseed oil; add chives, parsley and watercress and sauté over medium heat for two minutes, or until wilted.’
- ‘This body wash contains pumice and jojoba beads to gently exfoliate, while pure grapeseed oil adds a toning action.’
- ‘Place roasting pan on stovetop over medium-high heat and add grapeseed oil, carrots, celery, onions and garlic; cook until caramelized.’
- ‘Always dilute them in a carrier oil, such as almond or grapeseed oil, to avoid burning the skin.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, combine the naval and blood orange juices with the grapeseed oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, mint, sugar, and shallot.’
- ‘Because of its high smoke point, grapeseed oil is ideal for frying or pan searing over high heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.