One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An evergreen climbing plant of the grape family that is grown as a houseplant.
- ‘I'm very conscious when I purchase grape ivy to inspect the plant carefully for any signs of mildew.’
- ‘The first and most common type was Cissus rhombifolia known as "grape ivy" since the foliage resembles grape leaves and it climbs with the aid of tendrils.’
- ‘Place your "Grape Ivy" in bright filtered light. Direct sunshine will burn the foliage of this plant.’
- ‘He analyzed the DNA of one species within the F. graminearum family tree that was isolated from diseased tissue of a tropical ornamental called grape ivy or oakleaf ivy.’
- ‘Grape Ivy is a wonderful trailing plant that we frequently use as a stand alone plant on table or cabinet tops.’
grape ivy/ɡrāp ˈīvē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.