One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the size, distribution, or measurement of grain sizes in sand, rock, or other deposits.
- ‘In this regard, inert matter such as high granulometric sand is used as a rooting physical support means, although this sand is occasionally difficult to obtain, is quite expensive and also poses several limitations to the farming facility as a result of its nature and weight.’
- ‘Three different granulometric sand compositions were used in the study.’
- ‘The effectiveness of crushing-sorting equipment also depends directly on the granulometric composition of the broken rock.’
- ‘The second application relates to the granulometric composition of a blasted rock mass in quarries.’
- ‘Such tephra layers provide information on eruption dynamics and chronology as deduced from granulometric properties, and thickness and distribution patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.