Relating to the size, distribution, or measurement of grain sizes in sand, rock, or other deposits.
- ‘The second application relates to the granulometric composition of a blasted rock mass in quarries.’
- ‘The effectiveness of crushing-sorting equipment also depends directly on the granulometric composition of the broken rock.’
- ‘In this regard, inert matter such as high granulometric sand is used as a rooting physical support means, although this sand is occasionally difficult to obtain, is quite expensive and also poses several limitations to the farming facility as a result of its nature and weight.’
- ‘Three different granulometric sand compositions were used in the study.’
- ‘Such tephra layers provide information on eruption dynamics and chronology as deduced from granulometric properties, and thickness and distribution patterns.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.