Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the size, distribution, or measurement of grain sizes in sand, rock, or other deposits.
- ‘Three different granulometric sand compositions were used in the study.’
- ‘Such tephra layers provide information on eruption dynamics and chronology as deduced from granulometric properties, and thickness and distribution patterns.’
- ‘In this regard, inert matter such as high granulometric sand is used as a rooting physical support means, although this sand is occasionally difficult to obtain, is quite expensive and also poses several limitations to the farming facility as a result of its nature and weight.’
- ‘The second application relates to the granulometric composition of a blasted rock mass in quarries.’
- ‘The effectiveness of crushing-sorting equipment also depends directly on the granulometric composition of the broken rock.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.