One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mass of granulation tissue, typically produced in response to infection, inflammation, or the presence of a foreign substance.
- ‘Cat-scratch disease will also produce granulomatous inflammation, but the granulomas are suppurative in nature.’
- ‘A punch biopsy of the lesion showed tuberculous granulomas within the epiglottic tissue.’
- ‘Overall, this book provides a thorough and comprehensive review of granulomas and granulomatous disorders.’
- ‘Pyogenic granulomas are vascular lesions, not purulent as the name implies.’
- ‘These nodules are frequently found in cases of tuberculous meningitis and represent caseating granulomas typical of tuberculosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.