A mass of granulation tissue, typically produced in response to infection, inflammation, or the presence of a foreign substance.
- ‘Overall, this book provides a thorough and comprehensive review of granulomas and granulomatous disorders.’
- ‘Cat-scratch disease will also produce granulomatous inflammation, but the granulomas are suppurative in nature.’
- ‘These nodules are frequently found in cases of tuberculous meningitis and represent caseating granulomas typical of tuberculosis.’
- ‘Pyogenic granulomas are vascular lesions, not purulent as the name implies.’
- ‘A punch biopsy of the lesion showed tuberculous granulomas within the epiglottic tissue.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.