Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
New vascular tissue in granular form on an ulcer or the healing surface of a wound.
- ‘A biopsy specimen of the inflamed area showed nonspecific ulcer and granulation tissue.’
- ‘The black foam dressing is appropriate for stimulating granulation tissue while assisting in wound contraction.’
- ‘The original hematoma is replaced by granulation tissue with gradually increasing collagen content.’
- ‘The base of the wound is filled with healthy red granulation tissue.’
- ‘When combined with a moist wound healing environment, this assists in achieving a well-vascularized wound with healthy granulation tissue.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.