Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
New vascular tissue in granular form on an ulcer or the healing surface of a wound.
- ‘The original hematoma is replaced by granulation tissue with gradually increasing collagen content.’
- ‘A biopsy specimen of the inflamed area showed nonspecific ulcer and granulation tissue.’
- ‘The black foam dressing is appropriate for stimulating granulation tissue while assisting in wound contraction.’
- ‘When combined with a moist wound healing environment, this assists in achieving a well-vascularized wound with healthy granulation tissue.’
- ‘The base of the wound is filled with healthy red granulation tissue.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.