One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The skill or practice of obtaining grants-in-aid, especially for research.
- ‘The investigating committee considers this growing emphasis on successful grantsmanship as a criterion for retention to be an ominous development, a threat to principles of academic freedom and tenure.’
- ‘Develop skills essential for competitive grantsmanship.’
- ‘The variables authorship, grantsmanship and leadership were used to measure faculty productivity.’
- ‘In addition, he has been designated as a Faculty Fellow by the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station for scholarly accomplishments and meaningful contributions to science through exceptional research leadership and grantsmanship.’
- ‘The University research and technology office may have experts who can speak on grantsmanship and other related subject matter.’
- ‘Next, education provides a deeply satisfying sense of joy for professors who are not distracted by constant demands to prove their worth or to fund their positions through successful grantsmanship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.