One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A southern Indian alphabet dating from the 5th century AD, used by Tamil Brahmans when writing Sanskrit transcriptions of their sacred books.
- ‘Tamil has two written forms - Vattelluttu (round script) which is used for everyday, and Grantha, a traditional script.’
- ‘One such manuscript in Sanskrit written in Grantha script is of the Ramayan.’
- ‘Consider, for example, that the King has his own brahmin priest of Thai ancestry, or that the Thai script is based upon the South Indian Grantha script.’
- ‘This led to the arrival of Grantha script in the Sixth Century A.D.’
- ‘Like Tamil and Malayalam, Tulu script is derived from the Grantha script.’
From Sanskrit grantha (see Adi Granth).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.