One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The rounded conglomerate pebbles consist of siltstone, mudstone, wacke, granophyric igneous rocks, and various intermediate to felsic volcanic rocks, set in a matrix rich in quartz and feldspar grains.’
- ‘Other fragments of igneous rock occur rarely and include granite (sometimes with granophyric texture), volcanic acidintermediate clasts with aphanitic texture and rounded fragments of silicified ash.’
- ‘Sample CHA 3005 was taken from one of these rhyolite domes; it has miarolitic cavities and a conspicuous graphic and granophyric fabric.’
- ‘The first sign of melting in thin-section is the development of fine granophyric rims on grain boundaries between quartz and feldspar, interpreted to be solidified quartzo-feldspathic melt.’
- ‘Small intrusions of mafic diorite (the Northern Charnwood Diorites) and large intrusions of granophyric diorite (the Southern Charnwood Diorites or markfieldites) cut the bedded sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.