verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective granitized
Alter (rock) so as to give it a granitic character.
- ‘High-grade metamorphic rocks, often intensely folded and granitised, form the tectonic shield areas of the continent.’
- ‘Rocks are deformed, granitised and high grade metamorphosed.’
- ‘They are primarily quartzite, granite, and granitized schists.’
- ‘The product may vary from a homogeneous rock produced by soaking to a coarsely mixed rock easily separable into relic and granitic or granitised portions.’
- ‘Partly granitized formations also occur in Terego County, which include porphyroblastic gneisses and quartz diorite.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.