One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]usually as adjective granitized
Alter (rock) so as to give it a granitic character.
- ‘Partly granitized formations also occur in Terego County, which include porphyroblastic gneisses and quartz diorite.’
- ‘The product may vary from a homogeneous rock produced by soaking to a coarsely mixed rock easily separable into relic and granitic or granitised portions.’
- ‘They are primarily quartzite, granite, and granitized schists.’
- ‘Rocks are deformed, granitised and high grade metamorphosed.’
- ‘High-grade metamorphic rocks, often intensely folded and granitised, form the tectonic shield areas of the continent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.