One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Piety tinged with pride created dozens of magnificent churches across the island as devout villagers strove to outdo one another in the grandness of their places of worship.’
- ‘Venture off the beaten track, though, and you'll find some interesting attractions that might lack the grandness of the big chateaux, but have a real character all their own.’
- ‘But then again, maybe grandness is not a matter of size?’
- ‘The chandeliers, the pianist playing Cole Porter numbers, and just the grandness of the room all add to the feeling that somehow you have been transported into a bygone age.’
- ‘Yet another cartoon hero has made his way from the relative anonymity of comic book pages to the grandness and splendour of the big screen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.