One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On an unexpected impulse he stopped at the closet he grandiosely called his ‘computer room’ and logged onto his E-mail account.’’
- ‘This huge, complex and grandiosely sited castle deserves a lengthy visit, and also the rest of the green Wye valley can show its medieval hidden treasures, first of all the marvelous Tintern Abbey.’
- ‘It was even described, rather grandiosely, as a new’ Singapore of the south ’, by the governor of the day.’
- ‘It is a body of journalists which is attempting - rather grandiosely some might think - to be a player in the region.’
- ‘He considers the three of them to be a team, which he grandiosely calls The Three Musketeers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.