One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a body of journalists which is attempting - rather grandiosely some might think - to be a player in the region.’
- ‘It was even described, rather grandiosely, as a new’ Singapore of the south ’, by the governor of the day.’
- ‘He considers the three of them to be a team, which he grandiosely calls The Three Musketeers.’
- ‘On an unexpected impulse he stopped at the closet he grandiosely called his ‘computer room’ and logged onto his E-mail account.’’
- ‘This huge, complex and grandiosely sited castle deserves a lengthy visit, and also the rest of the green Wye valley can show its medieval hidden treasures, first of all the marvelous Tintern Abbey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.