Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A grandchild who is still a baby.
- ‘Similarly, I in my turn expect to be free of the tasks of raising young children for quite some years before I become a grandparent, and I hope to treasure and adore my grandbabies as much as the her grandparents adore her.’
- ‘The Army, his wife, his kids and his brand new grandbaby are what mean everything to him.’
- ‘After drinking her water and listening to Greta talk about her new grandbabies, Abbey politely told her that she needed to get some sleep.’
- ‘I've already knitted a couple of jacket sets for Susan's new grandbaby (due at the end of the year), have orders for several cardigans for my granddaughter Elinor and Mark has asked me to knit him an Aran jacket - and I said yes!’
- ‘I'm thinking about how quickly time has gone and how fast the grandbabies are growing up.’
- ‘And when I saw that little grandbaby in those pictures, it makes your heart break just to look at those sweet little children.’
- ‘‘People laying all over the ground, the bus terminal is full, they saying that there's nothing they can do, they can't put us up in hotel rooms, my grandbaby hasn't had anything to eat,’ says Darlene.’
- ‘At this rate, I'll never have a daughter-in-law, much less grandbabies.’
- ‘That man in there is the father of your grandbaby and my child and I won't let you do that to him.’
- ‘So my daughter tells me that not only are you my grandbaby's godmother but also that she's named after you!’
- ‘We all want to be able to communicate with our babies, grandbabies or siblings as soon as we can beyond the babbling and cooing.’
- ‘I hope when you have a family one day you learn to cook or my poor future grandbabies will starve.’
- ‘I didn't dwell on not having my own because I had a gorgeous boy I knew would sweep a girl off her feet and give me all the grandbabies I want.’
- ‘I look forward to bouncing my grandbabies on my knee.’
- ‘But before I got to my room, I stopped at the wall Mom had specially made to hold pictures of all her children and grandbabies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.