One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even with the grainy 35 mm Kodak High Speed Infrared film the light values are creamy and grainless with an almost ethereal beauty.’
- ‘In this article, I describe a nifty trick for simulating film grain in an otherwise grainless digital image.’
- ‘The granular quality of the early calotypes lent itself to a continuation of the picturesque aesthetic, while the grainless, mirror quality of the daguerreotype offered an illusion of unmediated reality.’
- ‘This highly sophisticated camera - one of only six in the world - produces a lush, full-color, high resolution, vividly detailed, virtually grainless surface, large format, contact photograph in just 70 seconds!’
- ‘The technique is essentially a development of the woodcut, the earliest of printmaking methods, but linocuts are much simpler to make because the material is soft and grainless and therefore easier to work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.