One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice, process, or technique of grafting.
- ‘It is probable that the disease was transferred to roses originally from one of the stone fruits, by graftage.’
- ‘Grafting was unknown to them, and even if it had been, months would have been required to effect the graftage of an oak limb and a scion.’
- ‘Many who set out to learn the art of graftage become so enthralled that it becomes an addiction.’
- ‘There are varieties of planting methods in Taiwan cuttage and graftages are most popular.’
- ‘On the horticultural level, he gives technical descriptions of graftage and cuttage and discusses the role of pollination of date palms and the caprification of fig.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.