Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The practice, process, or technique of grafting.
- ‘There are varieties of planting methods in Taiwan cuttage and graftages are most popular.’
- ‘On the horticultural level, he gives technical descriptions of graftage and cuttage and discusses the role of pollination of date palms and the caprification of fig.’
- ‘Many who set out to learn the art of graftage become so enthralled that it becomes an addiction.’
- ‘Grafting was unknown to them, and even if it had been, months would have been required to effect the graftage of an oak limb and a scion.’
- ‘It is probable that the disease was transferred to roses originally from one of the stone fruits, by graftage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.