The practice, process, or technique of grafting.
- ‘Many who set out to learn the art of graftage become so enthralled that it becomes an addiction.’
- ‘It is probable that the disease was transferred to roses originally from one of the stone fruits, by graftage.’
- ‘There are varieties of planting methods in Taiwan cuttage and graftages are most popular.’
- ‘Grafting was unknown to them, and even if it had been, months would have been required to effect the graftage of an oak limb and a scion.’
- ‘On the horticultural level, he gives technical descriptions of graftage and cuttage and discusses the role of pollination of date palms and the caprification of fig.’