One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A division of a university offering advanced programs beyond the bachelor's degree.
- ‘We've all gone to graduate school and studied subjects we were and are still interested in.’
- ‘They immigrated to the U.S. to attend graduate school at the University of Texas.’
- ‘If you do plan to attend graduate school, make sure you thoroughly investigate school choices.’
- ‘She plans to attend graduate school in preparation for a position in dairy products development.’
- ‘Kennedy went on to college, graduate school, and law school, and today is an advocate for the civil rights of people with disabilities.’
- ‘They met while they were both in graduate school at the University of Iowa.’
- ‘My only worry is that next year I will graduate from graduate school and I will have to find a job.’
- ‘Many of his former students have gone on to graduate school and one student recently obtained a doctorate.’
- ‘After a few years of working in the field, I went back to graduate school to study marine ecology.’
- ‘Another concern is that many potential graduate students are not ready for graduate school.’
- ‘I moved home with my parents after finishing my degree in order to work and save for graduate school.’
- ‘Then, it makes sense to begin to work with faculty members to decide whether graduate school is the best path.’
- ‘He studied law at a graduate school and has been studying for ten years to pass the bar exam.’
- ‘In tough job markets, the first thing many seniors do is apply to graduate school.’
- ‘He enrolled at an international graduate school and studied with students from all over the world.’
- ‘Check to see where recent graduates from your academic department have gone to graduate school.’
- ‘Jay was in graduate school working on his PhD in health policy and management.’
- ‘The role of graduate school is to prepare students for challenging careers.’
- ‘Well, I had gone to graduate school really because I had too much fun in college.’
- ‘I went to graduate school because I needed a master's degree to be able to teach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.