One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A division of a university offering advanced programs beyond the bachelor's degree.
- ‘She plans to attend graduate school in preparation for a position in dairy products development.’
- ‘We've all gone to graduate school and studied subjects we were and are still interested in.’
- ‘They met while they were both in graduate school at the University of Iowa.’
- ‘After a few years of working in the field, I went back to graduate school to study marine ecology.’
- ‘I went to graduate school because I needed a master's degree to be able to teach.’
- ‘In tough job markets, the first thing many seniors do is apply to graduate school.’
- ‘Jay was in graduate school working on his PhD in health policy and management.’
- ‘They immigrated to the U.S. to attend graduate school at the University of Texas.’
- ‘The role of graduate school is to prepare students for challenging careers.’
- ‘Kennedy went on to college, graduate school, and law school, and today is an advocate for the civil rights of people with disabilities.’
- ‘My only worry is that next year I will graduate from graduate school and I will have to find a job.’
- ‘Well, I had gone to graduate school really because I had too much fun in college.’
- ‘He enrolled at an international graduate school and studied with students from all over the world.’
- ‘Check to see where recent graduates from your academic department have gone to graduate school.’
- ‘He studied law at a graduate school and has been studying for ten years to pass the bar exam.’
- ‘Many of his former students have gone on to graduate school and one student recently obtained a doctorate.’
- ‘If you do plan to attend graduate school, make sure you thoroughly investigate school choices.’
- ‘Another concern is that many potential graduate students are not ready for graduate school.’
- ‘Then, it makes sense to begin to work with faculty members to decide whether graduate school is the best path.’
- ‘I moved home with my parents after finishing my degree in order to work and save for graduate school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.