One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A student engaged in a postgraduate course at a university who is paid to assist in teaching or research.‘she was a graduate assistant in the department of pathology’
- ‘Garrett is a Ph.D. student and graduate assistant at American University's Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies.’
- ‘My special thanks go to Alan, who adapted to my efforts to stretch the duties of a graduate assistant with grace and ability.’
- ‘The agreement followed a three-year fight by graduate assistants to secure recognition.’
- ‘I would go to class and work as a graduate assistant during the day and study and write papers until about 3 a.m.’
- ‘She earned her M.S. degree from the University of Northern Iowa while serving as a graduate assistant athletic trainer for numerous teams.’
- ‘Many institutions have converted full-time appointments to positions held by part-time faculty or graduate assistants.’
- ‘Still, many graduate assistants must work second jobs to support themselves and they claim health benefits are inadequate.’
- ‘Faculty members said they would prefer to receive graduate assistant support as an incentive to completing distance education training.’
- ‘These funds supplement the faculty member's salary or provide assistance for research, graduate assistants, scholarly travel or other purposes.’
- ‘Position available: Centre College is seeking a graduate assistant in studio art.’
- ‘As a graduate assistant, Gretchen will assist with undergraduate television production classes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.